If your website is not getting the traffic you think you need then read on. There are some proven steps that you can take to improve your site. Now, get familiar with these terms because they will help your San Jose SEO Services.
Search engine optimization or SEO is part science and part voodoo, and how well it is done has a lot to do with the steps that you implement. Search engine optimization (SEO) is not about “fooling” search engines. But rather, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a long-term and permanent answer to your traffic woes.
These tips may be fairly common to the more experienced Webmaster but if you are not using them, you are losing traffic.
1. Implement unique META titles and descriptions for all of your pages. Many Webmasters begin their first website without META description and title tags at all. Once they learn that, SEO wise, it is very important to do so, they add them but they are not unique. Each title and description should be unique to each individual page.
2. Add an HTML sitemap to your site. This is a single page that includes links to the main pages of your websites. If your site is small you may want to include every page while larger sites should just have links to the most important pages. Sitemaps are an import part of SEO optimization because they give the search engines a ‘hub’ where their spiders can find all of your pages through one single page.
3. Target ‘long tail’ keywords in your subpages. Long tail keywords are those that are not as highly competitive as your main keyword. Target a fairly competitive keyword for your index page and less competitive keywords for all subpages. Many Webmasters have a bad habit of targeting the same few keywords throughout their entire site; because of this they are losing valuable traffic to inner pages.
4. Use underline, bold, strong and italics tags on each pages keywords. This SEO tip is one that has proven to be very valuable. Search Engines give more weight to words that are using these tags. Do not overdo it, implementing these tags at least two or three times would cut it.
5. Use H1 and H2 tags with your main and secondary keywords. Most SE’s give a lot of weight to words that are wrapped in these tags. Each page on your website should have one or two targeted search engine optimization keywords at the beginning of the page. Just add keyword to the main keyword and the same for your secondary keyword replacing h1 with h2 and deleting the spaces.
There are no quick fixes where San Jose SEO Services is concerned. Search engine optimization must become a long-term and permanent answer to your site’s traffic. Remember, SEO is basically the process of optimizing a site to obtain high rankings in the search engines for chosen keywords.
But now a day’s search engine optimization is getting more and more important not only for regular websites but for larger corporate websites as well to attain extra website exposure.